Jack Ebeler, MPA, currently serves on the Health and Medicine (formerly IOM) Division Committee of the National Academies, and on its Health Care Services Board; the Board of Trustees of Inova Health System, co-chair of the Public Policy Advisory Council of the March of Dimes, and the Policies for Action National Advisory Committee of the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation (RWJF). He previously served as:
- Principal at Health Policy Alternatives, Inc.
- Staff of the U.S. House Committee on Energy and Commerce working on the Affordable Care Act in 2009-2010
- Member and then vice-chair of the Medicare Payment Advisory Commission (MedPAC)
- CEO of the Alliance of Community Health Plans
- Senior vice president and director of the Health Care Group at RWJF
- Deputy Assistant Secretary for Planning and Evaluation/Health and then Acting Assistant Secretary for Planning and Evaluation at HHS in 1995, 1996;
- In a series of earlier positions in managed care, HHS, and on Capitol Hill
Jack previously served on the boards of Families USA, the National Academy of Social Insurance, the National Center for Health Care Leadership, and the RWJF Health Policy Fellows Program, and a number of advisory committees and study panels.
He has an MPA from the Kennedy School of Government at Harvard University, and a B.A. from Dickinson College in Carlisle, PA.