The 2017 Policies for Action Call for Proposals
Approximately $2.0 million will be awarded through P4A's 2017 call for proposals, including $500,000 dedicated to research that explores actionable policies to support children’s healthy weight or reduce childhood obesity. Each grant will award up to $250,000 for a maximum funding period of 24 months.
We want to better understand how policies generated from many sectors impact population health, well-being, and equity. By policies, we mean not just laws and regulations at the local, state, and federal level, but also private sector practices, such as those affecting community development and family and child-wellbeing. The research may examine established laws, regulations, or policies; new policies or approaches; and/or funding or other mechanisms for implementing, enforcing, or sustaining them.
An informational webinar for potential applicants was held on Wednesday, February 15th at 1:00 – 2:30 p.m. ET. Watch the webinar below, or download the slides.
- Brief proposals will be accepted through March 10 at 3 p.m. ET.
- Candidates selected to submit a full proposal will be notified by early May.
- Full proposals from selected candidates will be accepted through June 16 at 3 p.m. ET.
- Finalists will be notified mid-August.
How to Apply
Proposals for this solicitation must be submitted via the RWJF online system. Please use the links below to submit your brief proposal.
- Read the full Call for Proposals
- Online Application (the application period is now closed)